Full Encrypted Debian System with USB Keyboard
Setup Full Encrypted Debian System with USB Keyboard (Ubuntu too..)
Problem: By default Setup the USB Keyboard Drivers not available and you can't enter the "Passphrase" to unlock the PC!!
Solution: Use the "expert" Mode of the Debian Installer CD and do (Ubuntu use "alternate Install CD") :
- boot the PC on the Debian CD selected "Expert"
- setup debian fresh (named target) and use "guided encrypted partitioning"
- setup grub Boot loader
- NOW!! go to Shell seen as option of the menu
- mount /sys to target with
$mount -o bind /sys /target/sys
- mount /proc to target with
$mount -t proc /target/proc
- edit with nano "/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/driver-policy" and set there:
- edit with nano "/etc/initramfs-tools/modules" set there:
# USB keyboard at boot usbcore uhci_hcd ehci_hcd usbhid
- update initramfs with:
...now you can enter "exit" to leave the Installer CD and reboot..on next Boot you should be able to unlock the Disk..if not successful reboot again on the Debian CD using "Recovery" Mode and follow the steps again..